For about 2 years I have used myfitnesspal.com on and off. Usually for about a week, then I get sick of inputting information. It is a great place to maintain, lose, or gain weight. It tracks your exercise and food. I decided to start it back up again because I’m doing a step program at the school I long-term subbed. We write down how many steps we take a day, add them up at the end of the week for 6 weeks. It is an initiative to get healthy. I decided that exercise wasn’t going to be enough for me and that I needed to keep track of what I’m eating. Sugar is my downfall.
My husband decided to join me in this health kick. He signed up on myfitnesspal.com as well. But being a man he gets to eat more. In fact, he gets to eat more than twice the amount of calories I do! I thought, no wonder I was gaining weight last year. No wonder wives gain weight their first year of marriage. Now we have been married for 3.5 years, but he was never home often until our 3rd year of marriage because he was out to sea all the time. So I didn’t gain weight until this past year because he has finally been home for a year straight. I never believed the old wives tale of women gaining weight their first year because it didn’t happen. Well, let me tell you I was wrong. I eat whenever he does which is why I believe many women gain weight that first year. But as women we aren’t supposed to nor do we need to eat as much as our husbands.
I haven’t gained much, but enough to make me want to change it and to be healthy. I don’t have a place to dance here in CT yet so I haven’t been getting my dance exercise this semester. But I am excited that the school has started some “healthy” competition to get me back on my feet and moving. So far I have exercised 4 out of 6 days!
If you decide to join myfitnesspal.com, let me know and we can share recipes and our food diaries. You can share what you want with who you want, including sharing your food diary, goal, and other information. If you haven’t signed in for a week, it lets your friends know you are having trouble and might need encouragement. I love it! I would love some extra encouragement from friends and would love to encourage friends.
Have a great day/night!
No comments:
Post a Comment